No, not the flash on our cameras. The flash I’m talking about is Adobe’s Flash. You remember, right? It’s the Flash that Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple, has repeatedly criticized for mobile use, specifically for Apple’s iPhone and iPad. It’s the action that results in a “Please download Flash…” message when browsing a flash-based website on your iPhone or iPad. It’s the Flash that seems to be dying a not to slow death.
There are many more not listed here, and many yet to come.
Well, that’s exactly what we’ve been cooking up in our kitchen, and the meal is ready to be served. A special shout-out goes to our friends at FarView Consulting for a job very well done. Introducing (drums please)… The PlanOmatic PhotoPlan 3GN, completely free of Adobe Flash.
PhotoPlan 3GN now allows our home tours to be usable on all Internet platforms for both mobile and desktop. Don’t worry, we still have our proprietary PhotoPlan Mobile for the iPhone. So if you don’t have an iPhone or iPad, right about now you’re asking yourself “So what? Why are people bothering me with this Flash crap all the time?” If you’re one of those people, take a step back for a moment and think about this. You actually don’t really care whether your PhotoPlan works on your own mobile device. Why? BECAUSE YOU’RE NOT THE ONE WHO WILL HOPEFULLY BUY YOUR LISTING! Based on this article by AppleInsider, chances are that 33% or more of the potential buyers searching for real estate from a mobile device are doing it using Apple’s iOS on the iPhone, and we’re not even talking about the iPod Touch or iPad.
- Clean and elegant with a great user experience. No hard to find features. Everything organized and always just one click away.
- 3GN focuses on your large, beautiful photos, now at 830 pixels wide displayed at an HD 3:2 ratio, more than double the size of our previous viewer.
- Mobile, mobile, mobile. PhotoPlan 3GN works seamlessly on the iPad. Don’t worry, we still have our proprietary PhotoPlan Mobile for the iPhone.
- A full page dedicated to branding yourself with more information than ever. Same goes for Property Information.
- Location, location, location. Large integrated Google map/satellite view.
- PhotoPlan 3GN loads faster than you can say the word “Internet”.
- New, redesigned interactive floor plan. We separated the photo gallery from the interactive floor plan viewer, now getting the best of both worlds.
PlanOmatic is offering PhotoPlan 3GN on an exclusive basis for the remainder of 2010. If you are interested in participating, please post a comment or email me at kori(at)planomatic(dot)com. Once you apply, please allow us 2-3 business days to get back to you.
We hope you find this to be as ground breaking as we do. Without a doubt, this change will make the home buyer experience more friendly and more focused on what is important about YOUR listing.